There are so many ways to use your talents and gifts and serve the body of Christ. That is the way God designed church–there is a part for everyone to play. As we say, “No one has to do everything, but everyone can do something!”
- Greeters/Ushers: Courteous, friendly, you are the 1st impression for our guests. You will greet people in the lobby as they arrive & serve as ushers for the day.
- Welcome Centre: (After service) Details, details. With all that is going on at ICC, people will have questions; you will have answers (and fliers!). You will also be the friendly face that greets & gives a gift to our 1st time guests—our VIPs. We will also sell a small selection of books at this table.
- Church Dinner Coordinator: Several times a year, we have potluck dinners in the Hall after worship service. This role involves the coordinating of dishes prepared, as well as set up and clean up of the kitchen and food tables.
- Small Group Leader: Lead a Small Group and facilitate Small Group Discussionw. We have many styles of small groups, which meet for several times each during three periods of the year: September to mid-November, Jan to mid-February, and March to May.
- Small Group Host: Host a Small Group in your home or at another location.
Kids & Youth
(These positions require a DBS background check)
- Créche: This crucial ministry provides a safe, caring environment for infants & small children, so parents feel able to attend worship service.
- Kids Church: Teaching kids real truth in simple ways to help them know God & grow in faith. Pastoral staff provide curriculum, support & coaching.
- Youth: There are several ways to support out youth program: assisting with youth activities, hosting youth events, attending youth meetings and facilitating small group discussions, etc.
- Set Up Team: Bright & early (8:45) preparing our environment for worship & hospitality. Since we meet in a rented hall, there is a fair bit to do:
- help the worship team and sound tech set up the sound equipment,
- set up tables and table skirting,
- put the coffee, tea and snacks onto the tables,
- and display our bulletins, informational materials, guest gifts and books for sale.
- Tear Down Team: When it’s all over, everything goes back in the box.
- assist the worship director and sound engineer in putting away the audio-visual equipment,
- clean up the coffee, tea and snack tables
- put away all our materials
- Media Presenter: Operating the screen projection during worship, announcements & the Sunday morning message.
Worship & Creative Arts
- Instruments & Vocal: Worship brings God’s presence. Our musicians & singers lead the church into a place where we worship, honour & love God. Worship team members serve on a rotating basis and attend a worship rehearsal on the Tuesday evening before their scheduled Sunday.
- Graphic Design: Sharp, appealing design work for printed materials and digital content makes a huge difference and improves our ability to engage and communicate.
- Web: Managing and updating our website content, as well as helping with production of our newsletter.
To volunteer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org